Thursday, January 29, 2009

Christmas and New Years come and gone.

Well, I've fallen behind in my blogging. And already we are at the end of January! Dario met my high school girlfriends for the first time this holiday. He bonded immediately with Laura's fiance, Peter, being the only other guy there among a bunch of severely goofy girls. It was good to see everyone. Dario and I also got to visit his little nephew at Christmas. He had fun "opening gifts". Not sure, but I think he had more fun "being the gift" as someone got the idea we should put him in a gift bag. Technically, he was a Christmas gift to Luisa and Jason (Dario's sister and brother-in-law) as he was born exactly one year prior. I held a New Years dinner at my house (pork and sauerkraut included!) following a viewing of the famous Mummer's Parade which was about 2 blocks from my house. The Mummer's Parade has been going on for years and honestly, though interesting to watch, I have to admit it is slightly bizarre. Big burly men dressed in feathers and glitter. One can only see this same scene at Bob & Barbara's Bar on a Thursday night. I give them credit though, these guys are brave. I think the alcohol consumption prior and during helps ease the feeling of any insecurity they may feel. My parents couldn't make it, due to the horrific cold they both got, but Dario's parents were enlightened by the parade and his father said he'd "never seen anything like it". I'm not one for cold and ran back home to warm up after about an hour and a half.









No comments: